A little overview about us…
The Information Systems Association is a student run organization for CU Denver students interested in one or more of the areas following:
- Data management, mining, warehousing
- Business intelligence
- Computer information system management
- Information security and assurance
- Marketing with information systems
- User experience, design and interface
- Website design
- Other IT related areas
How we make connections
The Information Systems Association connects students with IT professionals in the Denver metro area in hopes to expose the students to future career opportunities by:
- Company tours
- Meet and Greets
- Panel Events
- Exclusive Internship/Career Opportunities
The events are executed by officers reaching out to local companies. We actively search for companies to reach out to. In just the past year the Information Systems Association toured Kaiser Permanente’s automated lab, toured and hosted a panel event with True Car, a panel with Deloitte & Touche, a panel with Zayo, and helped host the Become a Business Leader with an Edge panel event which included:
- Cara Athmann, Director of Digital Innovation at RevGen
- Jonathan Harber, Senior Director, Davita Healthcare
- Jennifer Harding, Boss Talent Acquisition
- Marina Johnson, CEO, Most Programming, Inc.
- Molly Rauzi, CIO, Gagen MacDonald
- Randy Weldon, IT Executive
There are two ways to get involved:
1. Become an officer
Officers in the Information Systems Association help organize these events and communicate with Denver business leaders, which allows our members to gain connections within the IT business community. Apply to be a Fall 2017 Officer here.
2. Become a member
Request to become a member on our MyLynx page and get notifications about events we host. All of our events are open to members. To be a member the only requirement is to be a CU Denver student.
MyLynx has replaced OrgSync. The current ISA MyLynx page is under construction but you can still request to be a member.